Membership in Friends of Baxter State Park is a wonderful way to show your support for Baxter State Park, and to ensure that the Park forever remains the spectacular wilderness area that it is today. As a grassroots citizen organization, our members are part of everything we do. Membership dues support our advocacy work, volunteer programs, youth programs, publications, search and rescue, and scientific research, and also provide critical support to trail projects in the Park. Friends of Baxter State Park is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and membership dues are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
- A subscription to our quarterly newsletter Forever Wild
- An annual “State of the Park” report, currently published as a special supplement to our summer newsletter issue
- Monthly email newsletter
- Updates and alerts about important issues facing Baxter State Park
- Access to special trips for members, including day hikes and overnight camping trips in Baxter State Park. Friends does the work of securing reservations at prime locations (think Kidney Pond cabins on fall weekends) and then makes those accomodations available to our members through organized group trips.
- Invitation to an annual Warm Winter Weekend for members at New England Outdoor Center.
- A discount on lodging and meals at Katahdin Lake Wilderness Camps.