Positions and Comments Index
Here are pdf versions of scanned copies of past FBSP position papers and policy statements which you can download
- 7/12/2004: Principles and Procedures for establishing Positions on Park Issues
- 7/12/2004: Comment in support of the removal of the Outlet and Lookout cabins at Daisey Pond.
- 7/12/2004: Comments supporting: Visitor Management at Stump and Sandy Stream Ponds; Limitation on the Number of Reservations Allowed on Opening Day; Evaluation of Commercial Use; and Commitment of Adoption of a Rational Process for Assessment of the Impacts of Day use.
- 7/12/2004: Position Statement requesting that the North Peaks Trail be reopened
- 11/8/2004: Policy Statement Urging Conservation of the East Branch of the Lands
- 6/24/2005: Policy Statement on East Branch Lands
- 3/4/2005: Comments Opposing Timber Harvest Along the “Legal Mile” and Expressing Concern about the Recreational and Administrative Snowmobile Use in the Park.
- 7/20/2005: Revision of the East Branch Policy to Specifically Address the Katahdin Lakes Lands.
- 3/12/2007: Position Statement on Management of Hiking Trails
- 4/6/2007: Comments on Zoning petition for Hammond Ridge Development Corp.
- 11/14/2007: Comments on the Katahdin Lake parcel Draft Management Plan
- 6/9/2009: Comments on the Review of the Winter Use Rules
- 10/18/2009 Comments Concerning Hiking trails and the Reopening of the North Peaks Trail Including as an Appendix; Positions of 7/12/2004 and 3/12/2007
- 11/3/2010: Comments Submitted in Anticipation of the Revision of the BSP Management Plan resulting from Discussion by FBSP Board and Guests
- 10/20/2011 Comments concerning Grooming of the Perimeter Road at BSP.
- 10/18/2011 Letter supporting a Feasibility Study by US Department of the Interior for Proposed National Park adjacent to BSP, on land to be donated to the people of the USA for this purpose by Roxanne Quimby. This study does not require Congressional approval
- 7/12/2011 FBSP Board of Directors letter to Maine’s congressional delegation